Managing a multi-family apartment building is a complex task. While your average single family management company may have a good working knowledge of basic housing laws and dealing with tenants, when it comes to managing larger apartment buildings it requires a higher level of organization in the form of many fine-tuned systems for handling common tasks.
With this in mind, here are some things you should look for in a property management company capable of managing an apartment complex:
- An on-staff crew of maintenance professionals
- The ability to place on-site managers as needed
- Computerized accounting and maintenance tracking systems
- Detailed seasonal maintenance plan
- Proven methods for keeping vacancies low
- Track record of profitably managing multifamily rentals
In addition, it’s useful for multifamily property managers to understand current trends in home design, and to have the ability to manage renovations, as necessary, to keep your rental units looking fresh.
- Our team at REM Commercial consists of 5 full time maintenance staff that is on call 24/7/365
- We have the ability to place a manager at larger complexes and complexes with low occupancies. We hire and train the manager to manage your property within our high standards
- We provide monthly financial reports that your accountant can use to file your tax returns. Additionally we keep you compliant we the credit regulations when using a tenants credit report.
- Our system of online advertising and open houses when needed keeps occupancy at the properties we manage higher than our competitors
- Over 32 years of experience in property management allows us to use that experience to make your investment as profitable as possible. We receive volume pricing from our vendors and we pass that savings on to you.